Ready to launch a Rich Presence integration for your game? Did you read our Best Practices guide? If so, we recommend looking over this checklist one last time to ensure that your integration is as great as it can be!
Our precompiled libraries depend on the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. If you distribute your game on Steam, make sure to check that box in your common redistributable settings.
- Have you made use of all available fields where appropriate?
- Do your strings fit on their own lines without line wrapping?
- Did you check on the smaller profile pop out?
- Do they clearly communicate:
- What the player is currently doing?
- If the player is in a group or playing alone?
- If the player is in a state where they can party up?
- Is your artwork high resolution?
- Are your images at least 1024x1024 pixels?
- Is it clean, interesting, and descriptive without being too highly detailed?
- Do you have artwork for every different state? Don't forget your default state/main menu!
- Did you make use of tooltips and the small image where appropriate?
If you want the Ask to Join button on users' profiles, check out Getting Approved for more information!
- Have you successfully implemented join invites for your game if applicable?
- Does the state of the invite properly represent the party/group in-game with regards to:
- Open slots?
- Discord and non-Discord users in the party?
- Are you able to post invites to Discord without any additional in-game setup or configuration?
- Are you properly removing data from the presence payload when someone can no longer send invites?
joinSecretshould not be sent if the player can't invite anyone!
If you want the Spectate button on users' profiles, check out Getting Approved for more information!
- Have you successfully implemented spectate invites for your game if applicable?
- Is your game's spectate mode true spectating?
- We do not allow using the Spectate button as a pseudo-Join button.
- Are you properly removing data from the presence payload when someone can no longer spectate?
spectateSecretshould not be sent if the player can't be spectated!